Sunday, March 1, 2009

RECESSION

One day I was sitting by the beachside,
Looking at the rising tide.
There passed a bald guy,
With his big paunchy stride.
He seemed detached,
From the world that's attached.
Busy with his thoughts,
Dizzy with his walk.
His exercise of de-stressing himself,
Looked distressful in itself.
I keep looking at the tides,
Receding to the sea.
The fall of the tide resembles
The fall of the economy.
This explains why,"Anything that goes up shall go down!"
But then I smile, as I know the tide shall be back,
On a high as always and everything shall be back.
I rise from the sand and
Walk back to my land.
I wish I could have told this to the bald guy,
To see him a happy guy.
-Santosh

P.S. : This is my first poem named 'RECESSION' . Hope my first attempt at poetry feels like one. Your suggestions and feedback is most welcome. I would like to dedicate this poem to the Random Musings girl [http://anitha-jiobindaas.blogspot.com] whose poem on her blog has been a confidence building inspiration to write my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,now its time for your opinion. An honest one will be appreciated, others will be deleted, but you are welcome to be a critic; sarcastic or constructive is your choice!.Thank you for taking the time to write your comment.