Friday, April 24, 2009

Summer Sundown

Walking on my roof top,
Watching the sun set
With my body dripping wet.
Wondering why the sun makes me rain sweat...


Heat of the summer,
Repeats the glasses of water I drink.
I wonder where the water goes,
My body shows where it does.


The sun shines brighter than ever,
I smile, looking brighter than ever,
The reason, the shine of my bright white teeth,
On my dark tanned face!


I look darker than ever,
As I was fried in the eternal heater forever,
I change colour, From the bright white day
To a dark black night with shimmering stars
.

-Santosh Gopi Nair


P.S. Wow i am in a shock at penning my second poem, I thought the first one was a streak of imagination that comes once in a while, but the second one has given more confidence to pen more.... Ur comments on this, will strengthen my pursuit further....

9 comments:

  1. nice one dude..!! put a pic or 2 in between.. shud spice it up..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanx... yes was thinking abt the pic option while posting it,but then dropped the same...anyways gud that u reinforced the thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he he he... nicely written.. i felt like some small kid has written it.. i mean the thoughts... when i was a kid i used too talk lke this.... and you framed it in a beautiful poem...
    keep up the good work... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...thanks deepika... good to know that i made u think about ur childhood through my poem... It helps in one having a child like curiosity to explore the intrinsic beauties of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice poem bro.. keep writing more.. waiting for ur poems

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is a nice poem..... it is ok if there is no rhyme in it... try to be more of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  7. To sand's: thanx bro for ur support, gives more reasons to write more...more poems is coming your way...

    To Roby: thanx Roby, will try to work on the rhyme factor as much as possible... though my emphasise is on the thought flow... I am, was and will be more of myself, originality is a given, if anything is borrowed it will be duely mentioned and recognised on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow....glad to kno u ri8 such nice poems too... keep goin...good luck..

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for ur wishes sandhya... will write some poems when my imagination fires up!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,now its time for your opinion. An honest one will be appreciated, others will be deleted, but you are welcome to be a critic; sarcastic or constructive is your choice!.Thank you for taking the time to write your comment.