Monday, June 22, 2009

Bend,Kick,Join.



I go to a swimming pool,
As I wanna do something cool,
And I enroll into the swimming school,
As I wanna swim by the rule!

I am put to a coach,
Who swims like a roach,
Who works with sloth,
As I wonder on what i got!

He walks around the pool,
Talks with his colleagues uncool,
To make an impression,
That i need to do something for his attention.

I wonder what to do,
I gotta make him do what he needs to,
I walk upto him,
And try talkin to him.
.
I understand that,
To get him smile,
Requires me to bribe,
With a big gandhi in a smile.

He nods his head,
Even before a word is uttered,
And makes me wear a tube undetered.
This does make me rested and feel more protected.

He puts me on a side pipe,
Wants me to hold it tight,
He asks me to stiffen my hands,
And lighten my legs.

Then he holds my legs and starts his learned words,
Bend,Kick,Join.
Bend,kick, join.
Bend,kick, JOINN
,

The words keep echoeing in my head,
I am fed with the routine to be kept,
I wonder have i got it right,
And my hands lighten and legs get stiffened.

And as I wonder about my new found fright,
And donna wanna appear a fool in sight,
I call him to guide me through,
As my routine turns into something i have made upto.

I wanna get my routine straight,
Wanted him to correct me right,
He holds my toe down,
And repeats, now our learned words.

Bend,Kick,Join.
bend,kick, join.
Bend,kick, JOINN,
bend,kick, Joinn.


-Santosh Gopi Nair

Afterword: This was my experience during my first day of swimming classes, don't know how much swimming i learned on that day, but definitely got an inspiration to sketch a funny poem. The whole experience of going to these classes is turning to be skeptically funny due to the corrupt slothy way the coaches there function; i am half way through the program now and still feel like a novice in this skill. I ain't know how better i am gonna swim after this whole program but do know that i got the survival skills (predominantly self learned by realisation once the protection tube was removed) to be in water for a while and swim kinda a survivor strugglin for survival. But i still remember the first and only coached lesson learned,...Bend,Kick,Join....Bend,Kick,Join.
...Bend,Kick,Join... guru ve namaha!

2 comments:

  1. ROFL... I think Fulla round pannunga, head up will be a good sequel to this one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. feels good to know that u enjoyed it... yupp buddy a sequel, if written, should be havin wat u said...

    ReplyDelete

Hello,now its time for your opinion. An honest one will be appreciated, others will be deleted, but you are welcome to be a critic; sarcastic or constructive is your choice!.Thank you for taking the time to write your comment.